Tongyi Group Limited is a mining and construction company with head office in Jabi, Abuja and branches in Ebonyi, Nasarawa and Benue State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Interpreter
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Acting as Interpreter between a wide range of people with diverse voices, accents, speaking tempos and personalities.
- Providing parties with clear and exact translations of written materials, and interpretations of verbal communication.
- Providing interpretations of questions, answers, statements, arguments, explanations and other forms of verbal communication.
- Rendering sight translations of documents and other written materials.
- Imparting thought, purpose, spirit, emotions and tone of speakers from source language into target language.
- Interpreting with no additions or omissions.
- Informing relevant parties of factors that may hinder your performance.
- Completion of daily activity logs and other documentation.
- Complying with applicable ethics and standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Linguistics or related field
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a reputable company as an English – Chinese Interpreter
Proficiency in the English language
- Proficiency in the Chinese language
- Ability to speak at least the 3 major languages in Nigeria
- Valid certificate of accredited interpreting training.
- Excellent bilingual communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Proficient with use of office equipment.
- Outstanding listening, retention and note-taking skills.
- Proficient enunciation and pronunciation skills, and pleasant, professional voice.
- Proficient understanding of cultural sensitivity, and ability to collaborate with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
Application Closing Date
18th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.