Georgetown Global Health Nigeria (GGHN) is the operational arm and an affiliate of Georgetown University Centre for Global Health Practice and Impact (CGHPI) in Nigeria. GGHN is a Non–profit, Non-Governmental Organization in Nigeria that promotes best practices in health care delivery and research using local and internationally adapted models to strengthen health systems.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Informatics Assistant
Locations: Bauchi, Jagawa and Kano
- The health informatics officer will report to the state health informatics officer and will work directly with supported facilities in the state to ensure the smooth running of all electronic health information systems deployed toward meeting the Monitoring,
- Evaluation & Learning requirements of the state office.
- The role will proactively work with the MEL staff & electronic data clerks at the assigned facility, in providing solutions to IT challenges, systems troubleshooting, and escalation.
- The role will be responsible for deploying and implementing any IT solutions targeted at the facility.
- Work Interactions and conditions:
- The health informatics officer will report to the state health informatics officer.
- Requires frequent travels within the state to provide technical assistance to the health facilities and to the state office.
- Health informatics and Software management:
- Support in the update of the LAMIS Module at the facility.
- Assist in the generation of routine reports from the EMR at the facility.
- Assist in routine NDR data upload and GGHN DHIS2 instance.
- Ensure routine backup of the EMR Database from various facilities.
- Other duties as required and assigned by the health informatics Officer.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar technical discipline; or, equivalent demonstrable experience
- Experience: Minimum of 1 year experience in HIV programming and PEPFAR program supporting health facilities. Proficient use of the MS office package and ability to basic data analysis.
- Specialized knowledge: proficient in the use of LAMIS EMR and DHIS2, Database engines such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, and SQL Server.
- Comfortable working on Linux and Windows environments, having basic Networking and Computer hardware troubleshooting.
- Proficient in the use of at least one analytic tool (Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, SPSS, STATA, etc.)
- Skills: strong organizational and time management skills, ability to communicate effectively and engage fellow team members and staff, mentorship, and leadership abilities.
- Abilities: Strategic and analytical thinking skills with the ability to solve problems and make decisions and able to manage multiple tasks, ability to work with other team members, flexibility, decisiveness, and personal integrity.
- Professional Certification: Certification in any Healthcare quality or monitoring and evaluation are desirable but not required.
Application Closing Date
29th August 2022
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.