The Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti is one of the second-generation Polytechnics established by law, through Decree No. 33 of July, 1979. The Institution has grown from Seven Academic Departments with a pioneer student enrollment of 350 (Full-Time National Diploma) and 95 Academic Staff in 1978. It now has over 10,000 (Full-Time Morning and Evening, National Diploma, Higher National Diploma) Students with a total Staff strength of about 2,000.
The post of the Polytechnic Librarian of the Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti will become vacant on 1st December, 2022. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Polytechnic Librarian
Location: Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti
The Polytechnic Librarian is the Chief Library Officer and shall be responsible to the Rector for the administration of the Polytechnic Library and co-ordination of the Library Services in the Teaching Units of the Polytechnic.
He/She is one of the Principal Officers of the Polytechnic. In addition to proven experience in Library Management and Leadership, the successful candidate must have a demonstrable passion for academic endeavors and must also be credible.
Academic Qualifications and Qualities:
- The Candidate for the Post must possess the following qualification and qualities:
- A Doctorate Degree (Ph.D) from a recognized Institution in Library Science or Library and Information Science;
- A Master’s degree from a recognized Institution in Library Science or Library and Information Science;
- Have a minimum of Second Class Lower division degree or minimum of Lower Credit in Higher National Diploma (HND) in Library Science or Library and Information Science from a recognized Institution;
- A minimum of eighteen (18) years teaching experience in tertiary Institutions, at least eight (8) years of which must have. been gained in a Polytechnic or similar TVET Institution;
- Be currently on the rank of a Chief Librarian from the Polytechnic Sector with not less than three (3) years experience on the rank:
- Not more than fifty-nine (59) years of age as at 01/12/2022 (date the post will become vacant).
- Demonstrate evidence of strong academic and administrative leadership, initiative and creativity in library policy formulation, good human relation and positive managerial
- Provide evidence of membership of Professional body/bodies in Library recognized by the Federal Government;
- Provide evidence of scholarly publications in reputable journals as well as presentation of invited Papers at
- Educational/Library Conferences, Seminars and Workshops;
- Be a person who is not likely to pursue racial, gender, political, religious or other sectional interest;
- Be morally sound, of impeccable character, proven integrity and free from financial embarrassment;
- Be physically and mentally fit (with evidence from a Government hospital]; and
- Be proficient in Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
Terms of Appointment and Condition of Service
- The appointment is for a single tenure of five years in line with extant provisions.
- The salary is consolidated and the appointee shall enjoy any other benefits attached to the position of a Principal Officer of the Polytechnic as approved by the Federal Government.
Application Closing Date
18th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants are required to submit typed written copies of their Application Letters, Curriculum Vitae (CV) and attach photocopies of all relevant Documents to their applications in twenty (20) copies, giving the details in the following order:
Full Names (Surname first and underlined)
Date and place of birth
State of Origin and Local Government Area
Nationality and how acquired
Number and ages of children
Current postal address including telephone number and email address
Educational institutions attended with dates
Academic and professional qualifications obtained with dates.
Membership of Professional Bodies/Association
Honours and distinctions (if any)
Conferences attended and papers presented with dates
Present employment to include status, duties and any relevant experience
Statement of own vision for the Polytechnic (20 copies)
Other activities outside current employment
Names and addresses of (3) three referees (Employer, Educational and Personal) who are to forward confidential reports directly to the Registrar, The Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti. Such referees should be able to attest to the candidate’s claim to high academic and managerial capabilities as well as to the candidate’s notable uprightness.
Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope and marked “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF POLYTECHNIC LIBRARIAN’ at the top left hand corner and addressed to:
The Federal Polytechnic,
P.M.B. 5351 Ado-Ekiti,
Ekiti State, Nigeria.
Applicants will be required to produce originals of their certificates and other relevant credentials, if invited for interview. Photocopies will not be accepted.
Previous holders of the position in any tertiary institution need not apply.