Golden Oil Industries Limited was incorporated in Nigeria on 8th September 1988. Golden Oil Industries Limited has grown into a household name in Nigeria’s edible oil’s industry. The company’s focus is to provide healthy oil as a cooking medium to its customers. The company is Nigeria’s trusted name for supply of refined palm oil, palm kernel oil, olein, soybean Oil, stearin, soybean meal, soy lecithin, and palm kernel de-oiled cake. Our oils are used as healthy cooking medium. Soybean meal and palm kernel de-oiled cake are used in premier poultry / animal feed.
The company’s products have been duly certified by the appropriate regulatory agencies Such as the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC), Standard Organization of Nigeria (SON) and National Environmental Standards and Regulations Enforcement Agency (NESREA). Golden Oil has modern processing technology and plants, which can be compared to worldwide standards. The company has highly trained seasoned oil experts, who’s commitment is to delivering healthy oil to Nigerian consumers.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Quality Control Chemist – Edible Oil Refinery
- We’re looking for a chemist to join our team and help us build safe, high-quality products
- You will conduct various tests on chemical products, analyze their compounds and refine their composition.
- You’ll need extensive knowledge of techniques like distillation, crystallization and titration and hands-on experience with spectrometers and chromatographers. You should also be comfortable writing technical reports and analyses of your findings.
Chemist Duties include:
- Conducting experiments using proper lab equipment
- Preparing and testing solutions
- Analyzing and reporting on test results.
- Prepare solutions by weighing ingredients and dissolving and diluting substances
- Analyze organic and inorganic compounds to determine their composition
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative experiments taking into account the volume and structure of ingredients
- Customize formulas and use different reagents to test chemical reactions
- Write technical reports of the test results
- Develop nonstandard tests for chemical products
- Maintain lab equipment and troubleshoot or report on malfunctions
- Refine chemical products to improve their quality
- Ensure compliance with laboratory health and safety guidelines
- Sterilize equipment and store materials in secure places.
Requirements and Skills
- B.Sc in Chemistry
- Previous experience as a chemist
- Laboratory work is a plus
- Hands-on experience with spectrometry and chromatography instruments and techniques
- Good knowledge of laboratory health and safety standards
- Excellent analytical and research skills
- Attention to detail.
N100,000 – N150,000 monthly.
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.