Broadway Cafeteria, an American restaurant, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Lekki / VI, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- A restaurant accountant needs to handle the financial transaction of a restaurant daily and needs to keep a proper record of its financial statement.
- The accountant needs to track the transaction and prepare a report regarding the financial status of a business through the balance sheet, profit and loss account, and cash flow statement.
- All major decisions of a restaurant are taken based on accounting records and it clearly shows the financial position of the business. The professional is responsible for preparing tax returns and they involve recording, interpreting, classifying, analyzing, reporting, and summarizing the financial data.
- Collect cost information and maintain an expenses database
- Construct data accumulation systems.
- Determine fixed costs (e.g. salaries, rent and insurance)
- Plan and record variable costs (e.g. purchases of raw material and operations costs)
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies.
- Prepare budgeting reports (for the company and for each department).
- Analyze and report profit margins.
- Prepare (monthly, quarterly and annual) cost forecasts
- Assisting in month-end and year-end closing.
- Identify and recommend cost-effective solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Tax, Accounting, and Finance.
- Must possess a minimum of 2 years of experience.
- Extensive knowledge about the data entry management
- Punctual, reliable and must have strong communication skill
- Knowledge about MS office, excel, and Adobe Acrobat
- Able to work in a team and produce quality output under tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated and strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail, prioritization skill and time management
- Quick learner with a positive attitude
- Able to sit for an extended period.
- Able to lift the weight and look at the computer screen for a longer time.
- Experience in retail or restaurant accounting.
Application Closing Date
23rd June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.