Job Title: Finance Intern
Location: Abuja (FCT)
The Finance Intern will assist the Country Office Finance Team in ensuring that any money expended in the field is done in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Helen Keller policy, and any cost principles imposed by the donor agency.
The FI is aware of, and adheres to, Helen Keller’s procurement integrity standards in all activities.
- Prepare payment vouchers.
- Assist to properly code all transactions.
- Assist in Processing payment of expenses, including per diem and retirements.
- Prepare deposit slips for cash to be deposited into the bank account.
- Reconcile advances, including review of receipts, coding of expenses on the general voucher.
- Maintain accounting files.
- Tracking and following up on outstanding advances and assure timely reconciliation.
- Other tasks as requested by supervisor.
- University Degree in Accounting or equivalent certification from a Business Technical School.
- Experience as an Accountant or understanding of key aspects of accounting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel spreadsheets
- Specific qualification in management of a large and busy office
- Familiarity with the PEPFAR or interest in learning about public health issues
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multitask
- Ability to respond to new challenges in a flexible and thoughtful manner.
Terms & Conditions
This is a local posting in Nigeria, and as such, is subject to local terms and conditions.
In the spirit of our founder and namesake, Helen Keller is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is fully valued.
Deadline Date: 28th May, 2022
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the job position as the subject of the mail.