Edo Heritage Hotel Benin City, is a four star hotel with large upscale establishments, fully staffed and complete with tons of extras. Edo Heritage Hotel, one of the leading hotels in Benin City offers you services that will last in your memories, as we are fully aware that after a long journey and stressful day at work, you need to wind down in serenity for peace of mind. Edo heritage hotel stands for recreation, relaxation, comfort, luxury and excellence with modern facilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hotel Storekeeper
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive and forward all goods and deliveries in and out of the hotel to the correct point of contact/storage area.
- Able to follow standards for issuing and receiving stock within the store’s area of operation.
- Monitor and take inventory on regular basis to compile orders based onlevels or needs.
- Maintain clear and organised records to ensure all reports and invoices are filed and stored properly.
- Monitor PAR levels for all food items to ensure proper levels.
- Responsible for storage of both food & beverage and operational stock.
- Responsible for the day-to-day check on the storage facilities for upkeep and hygiene.
- Responsible to verify all goods arrived as per the agreed purchase, delivery note and agreed quantity has been received.
- Refuse acceptance of damaged, unacceptable, or incorrect items.
- Ensure cleanliness of all areas, keeping storage areas clean & tidy and in strict compliance with hygiene regulations.
- Ensure all store requisitions are signed by concerned Department Heads (HOD’s) and approved by General Manager.
- Ensure the quantity requested and the quantity issued always matches.
- Ensure store requisition form is signed by the person collecting the goods and enter into the Inventory/Materials
- Management System.
- Post all invoices using the MMS –
- Material Management System.
- Conduct inventory auditsto determine inventory levels and needs.
- Conduct physical stock audits on a regular basis as advised by the Audit
- Departmentand the physical count to be tallied with the inventory count from the
- MMS – Material Management System.
Any differences between the manual count and MMS software have to be investigated and the information to be given to the Finance Department.
- Complete requisition forms for inventory and supplies.
- Extend all requisitions on a daily basis and update theinventory
Work closely with Purchasing to order and receive items and equipment.
- Troubleshoot any vendor delivery issues and oversee/follow up on the return process.
- Follow up on documentationof after-hours issues ensuring it is in accordance with established internal controland procedures.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety procedures particularly relating to food and beverage items.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Keep accurate recordings of all incoming and outgoing goods.
- Notify the store manager/supervisor of any low stock levels.
- Identify and report any slow-moving items to avoid over purchasing.
- Verify and track received inventory and complete inventory reports and logs.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the management or supervisors.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 4+ years of experience in storekeeping, inventory control, or recordkeeping.
- Positive attitude to work / sense for detail.
- Working in a team / good personal appearance.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of proper bookkeeping and inventory management.
- Familiarity with standard concepts and best practices in a stockroom or warehouse environment
- Analytical mind with ability to make accurate mathematical computations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Competencies in data entry, analysis, and management.
- Keen attention to detail and ability to effectively manage time.
- Skills to operate common office equipment.
- He must be an experienced Male stock keeper.
- He must reside in Ugbor GRA , or its environs Benin City.
- He must be around 25-37years old.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.